Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Movies about time and relationship - 1





Title : The girl who leapt through time
Director : Manoru Hosoda
Writers : Yasutaka Tsutsui
Genre : Animation / Comedy /Drama / Romance /Sci-f
Running time : 97 minutes
Makoto, who is a high school student, gains the power to leap back through time and re-do thigns when she gets involved in a train accident. She uses her ability to get good grades on tests and avoid an akward moment when her friend confesses his love to her.
"Time waits for no one" could be a message that a director wants to say.

5 comments:

lindbrooker said...

I've enjoyed several Japanese animation films, such as "Totoro", "Graveyard of the Fireflies", and "Princess Mononoke." I find these films have unique styles and impressions, especially in some of the slow calm moments in the films. I haven't seen the one you mentioned, but I'll try to find it. Thanks for the suggestion.

May said...

"Time waits for no one"
Do you have something regretful for not being done before?

May said...

"Time waits for no one"
Do you have anything regretful before for not being done?

Hailey said...

Hellow lindbrooker,
I have a small Totoro doll in my room in Korea. Because I was impressed by Japanase animation "Totoro", I bought it in Japan. I haven't seen "Graveyard of the Fireflies". I'll also try to find it. Thanks for your comment.

Hailey said...

Hi May,
Refretful? Um... Kind of...Since I realized that time waited for no one, I have tried to miss any opportunity;even I have tried to make an opportunity. But, you know what? Life is mysterious. Now, I feel that sometimes we should just wait time to ready.